Nuts and Bolts Crunchy Snack Mix makes for a deliciously different snack to chips.
They are tasty, and you can’t stop at just a handful. Best of all, make up a batch and give them as gifts! A great idea for Grandparents or to add to a Christmas Hamper. You can easily make this mix in bulk in the slowcooker (it will make your home smell INCREDIBLE) – then grab some pretty jars, a ribbon or some twine, and you have a beautiful homemade Christmas Gift that everyone will love.
To serve the Nuts and Bolts Crunchy Snack Mix, you just pour some into a bowl and nibble away!
For more great ideas and nifty recipes that you can cook up and give as Christmas Gifts, check out our Gift Foods section – it is amazing!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 350 grams Nutrigrain
- 5 tsp Curry Powder (I use more as I love the flavour)
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 500 grams Salted Peanuts or mixed nuts
- 2 packet Chicken Or French Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- Heat oil in a large stock pot, heating will thin oil, allowing you to use less and coat the Nutrigrain evenly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in Nutrigrain, nuts, soup mix and curry powder. Mix well.