Baked Lamb Samosas
Lamb is such an under-utilised meat, but we love it in these Baked Lamb Samosas. They are pretty much everything we want from a samosa, full of soft and spicy curry flavour inside and crisp as anything on the outside. These are just meat only, but you could easily add some diced or grated vegetables if that suited you.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, spices and sugar. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- To this pan add the mince, and cook the meat while breaking it up until it is browned, around 5 minutes.
- To this add 2-3 tbs water and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, simmering for 8 minutes to allow liquid to steam off. Allow to totally cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line 2 baking trays.
- Cut squares of around 8x8cm from the puff pastry. Place 1-2 spoons of the lamb mix into the middle of each square, and brush the edges with some water. Fold in half and pinch using fingers or fork edge to seal. Place onto baking tray.
- Brush each samosa with some of the beaten egg mix to help with colouring and bake for 20-25 minutes, swapping trays from the top to the bottom of the oven as needed. Samosas should appear puffy and gold. Cool slightly before serving