10 Alternative Holiday Ideas for Schoolies Week
Schoolies is an amazing time for every student finally graduating high school after 12 long years. The kids deserve to kick their feet up and have a brilliant time. Even though the Gold Coast has been by far the most popular place to celebrate Schoolies Week in past years, there are other places that school graduates can go and enjoy their well deserved week of fun.READ MORE What To Do About Adult Acne
For me personally, I experienced the best of both worlds as I spent half of my schoolies week camping with mates, and the other half partying on the beach at the Gold Coast, it was amazing!
So here are some brilliant alternative ideas to consider for your Schoolies Week…
Why a Contiki Tour? it has EVERYTHING included, breakfast, dinner, accommodation and travel. Plus they have trip managers, drivers and local guides that will help you if you get stuck! You literally pay for your week and everything is organised! you turn up with your bags packed and off you go for a fantastic week of fun. They have loads of tours available including:
They have loads of tours available depending on what your travel style is. They offer camping, high energy, sailing and cruising, ski holidays, festivals and explorer packages.
Download a copy of their brochure here to check out all their options.
Travel Europe, America or stay in Australia and experience the beaches and bush, if I had known about Contiki Tours my gosh I would’ve gone on one! Best of all they are all planned and you will be spending time with others of similar age that will keep an eye on you (without cramping your style!).
Perhaps A Schoolies Cruise?
Head to tropical islands or across the continent, there are so many different cruises to go wherever you want! and once again everything is included, meals, accommodation and travel. Stop off at all sorts of destinations and party on the cruise, there are even certain cruises just for schoolies week, get massages, sun bathe by the pools, party at night under the stars and sight see across the world.
- Sun Bath by the Pools
- Party at night under the stars
- Sight see across the world
- Travel up the Australian Coast
- Visit Tropical Islands
For 16 to 18 years old’s this is a great alternative idea for something just as exciting as partying at the Gold Coast if not better, and travel with all of your friends while staying in star rated accommodation.
Camping for Schoolies
Head to the bush or beach or maybe both! Camping can be such a great option to really spend time with friends before you have to head into the real world. There are so many options when it come to camping with as many friends as you want and for a cheaper expense for an entire week.
- 4×4 Tracks
- Beach trips
- Camp fires
You can travel to any part of Australia, north or south and camp along the beaches or up in the mountains, so many great ideas with great friends.
A great place to find camping spots are:
Take an Old Fashioned Road Trip
Go on a road trip! There are so many great destinations in Australia whether you want to stop by and part and Byron bay or head to the Glasshouse Mountains, either way, travel up and down the coasts or head inland to our beautiful bush, see Australia’s iconic tourist attractions.
- Coastal Sight Seeing
- Inland Tourist Attractions
- Stay at multiple destinations
- Scenery tours
- 4×4 to Cape York
Take a couple of cars, switch drivers and travel with your best friends, I personally think it sounds great and all the while seeing so many different places throughout the entire week!
Bonvoyage offers packages for holidays over to Bali with multiple hotels, resorts and destinations. It would be amazing to travel with friends and explore the beauty of Bali. Plus it is cheap as chips!
- Flight included deals
- 5 – 7 night packages
- Breakfast Buffet everyday
Bali holds schoolies events so do some research and find the perfect accommodation for you and your friends!
Live the life of luxury in a private pool villa in Nusa Dua, Bali – four people stay five nights from $2,499 with a magnificent package of inclusions, or upgrade to extend!
Volunteer overseas! Travel across the south pacific while making a difference and enjoying an adventure. Travel to Sri-Lanka, somoa or other places on offer to volunteer in all sorts of different situations.
- Typically the groups are made up of 5-10 young people looking for a worthwhile, fun and unique Schoolies experience. It’s a very social environment, so whether you join by yourself or with friends, you’re bound to make connections with others that will last a lifetime.
- There are two set start dates: 18th November and 25th November; you can join the project for two or three weeks.
- You’ll have the chance to get involved in new and exciting projects – ranging from Care and Teaching placements, to Building, Healthcare and Conservation work.
- The programmes are incredibly diverse and will give you the chance to work with people from a range of backgrounds.
- You’ll also have the evenings and weekends to explore; you might find yourself lazing on Samoa’s white sandy coastline or trekking through the lush green tea plantations in Sri Lanka’s hill country.
Organise the trip of a lifetime with your school mates! This type of trip is perfect for the adventurous school leaver that wants memories to last a lifetime.
Take an extraordinary 15-day Everest Base Camp Trek to reach heights of up to 5,545m! Includes domestic flights, accommodation and much more – from $899 per person, twin share!
- Take on the ultimate challenge with our fantastic Everest Base Camp Trek!
- Over 15 extraordinary days, you’ll climb up to heights of 5,545m above sea level to witness sights and experiences that many can only dream of
- Make your trek as comfortable as possible with a huge package of inclusions – we’ve thought of almost everything!
Grab the deal HERE!
Oh yes! Booking a beach house will be amazing! waking up in a beautiful villa with all of your best mates and tracking along the coast and relaxing by the beach.
Leave the world behind and embrace the scenic bush trails, lazy beach walks, rustic cellar doors and quiet country township of the Margaret River region! Pack your bags for a two-bedroom villa and enjoy a bottle of wine, mini golf and tennis equipment hire, discount to Yallingup Maze, in-room Wi-Fi, snoozy 12pm check-out, unlimited video hire, bag of popcorn and bottle of soft drink to keep you company during your adventure away!
- Unlimited video hire with a bag of popcorn and 1.5-litre soft drink
- Mini golf and tennis equipment hire
- 12pm late check-out
- In-room Wi-Fi
Grab the deal HERE!
There isn’t a better time to travel the world then when you are young, foot-loose and fancy free. So why not travel across Europe! there are so many beautiful sights to see across the continent, Imagine the experience with all of your best friends!
21-day Europe Discovery tour package – with return international flights – to Italy, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Germany, London and more. Stay in hotels and immerse yourself in Europe’s magnificent histories and cultures.
- Discover one of the world’s most beautiful and storied continents on a marvellous 21-day tour package, taking you across scores of countries and hundreds of unique experiences you’re sure never to forget
- Fly return from the capital city of your choice – Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide
- And prepare yourself for the experience of a lifetime – London, Paris, Amsterdam, Venice, Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest, and much, much more
- All helped by a stellar itinerary and comfortable, spacious hotel accommodation for your entire tour
Grab the deal HERE!
Don’t want to travel to far form home? New Zealand is perfect! only a 3 hour flight from the Australian coast head to Queenstown for an action packed adventure holiday!
Discover Queenstown, New Zealand, from the comfort of a luxurious base at Oaks Club Resort! Stay three nights from $539, or upgrade to extend!
- Offering a luxurious base from which to explore the exciting, action-packed Queenstown region, Oaks Club Resort is an ideal choice for travellers!
- Spend your days getting amongst all that the buzzing city has to offer, then come home to enjoy under floor heating, fireplaces, an on-site sauna and more in the serene surroundings
- From your self-contained apartment, an on-site gym, landscaped courtyard with BBQ facilities, underground parking, complimentary city shuttle bus service and more, you’ll want for nothing during your epic New Zealand escape
Grab the deal HERE!